Last Updated on April 5, 2021
Plueger President spinning reel
A few years ago, the Pflueger President spinning reel was re-designed, and as a result, it has improved significantly in its performance and durability. The reel’s body is made from graphite that lends its strength while ensuring it is lightweight.
This spinning reel is resistant to corrosion due to the stainless steel components; even the main shaft is made from stainless steel. The spool is made from anodized aluminum and has a unique design as it has a hole. This design not only improves the aesthetics of the spinning reel but also makes it lightweight. The spool lip is coated with titanium that offers protection as well as durability to the line. Spool comes braid-ready.
- Graphite rotor and body
- Braid ready spool
- Sealed drag system
- Slow oscillation gearing
- 10 bearing system (Model 20 is 7 ball bearing)
- Superior construction
- Aesthetically pleasing design
- Affordably priced
- Long and accurate casting distance
- High-quality components for durability
- Easy to use and control
- Reliable and effective reeling
- Designed for freshwater use
- Does not come with a spare spool
You will find that it is easy to handle the Pflueger President spinning reel because of the large-size of the line roller, which is titanium-coated. It comprises a frontal drag system made from stainless steel and felt washer. The system ensures a smooth performance of the fishing line and ensures adequate pressure on the line to control a fighting fish.
You will love the one-year warranty that this new-age spinning reel comes with. It also has an anti-reverse switch and bail that work together to maintain tension on the line during casting and retrieval. The retrieve is ambidextrous and can easily be switched based on your dominant hand.
Any Pflueger President spinning reel review will tell you that this spinning reel’s new design minimizes fatigue, thereby allowing you to fish for hours without feeling tired.
Models of Pflueger President Spinning Reel
The Pflueger President spinning reel is available in five different models. They are:
- Model 20x: This has 7 ball bearings and a gear ratio of 5.2:1
- Model 25x: This particular model has 10 ball bearings and a gear ratio of 5.2:1
- Model 30x: The most popular Pflueger President spinning reel and it comes with 10 ball bearings and a gear ratio of 5.2:1
- Model 35x: It comprises 10 ball bearings and has a gear ratio of 5.2:1
- Model 40x: This model also has 10 ball bearings and a gear ratio of 5.2:1
All the models can be used with monofilament or braided fishing line, depending on your choice and the place you intend to fish.
The Pflueger President spinning reel is an ultralight spinning reel. You will find that the reels are one of the smallest in their class that this makes it comfortable as well as easy to use. The small size does not impact its performance even if you catching a large fish.
We loved the casting controls that the spinning reel has in place. It has a fixed spool, allowing you to use lightweight baits and lures. You can achieve amazing casting distance effortlessly. It is also accurate.
The ball bearings are another remarkable feature in the spinning reel. Since they are made from stainless steel, the bearings do not corrode and hence, their performance does not get adversely affected. The bearings work to minimize friction of the moving components in the spinning reel and as a result, you will enjoy smooth performance, even when you have a heavy load at the other end.
If you are looking for a high performing spinning reel that is affordably priced and will last long, you should take a closer look at the Pflueger President spinning reel. You will be hard-pressed to find flaws in this spinning reel.
What do you think about the Pflueger President spinning? Do you feel it is a near-perfect spinning reel?
Pflueger has been around for the last 135 years, creating a name for itself in the fishing industry. It is a leader in making fishing gear and is renowned for its keen eye for detail and innovation. The brand is known for its outstanding fishing products and offers high-quality fishing experiences.
One product that you may want to take a closer look at is the Pflueger President spinning reel. We have reviewed this product to help you understand why it could be the right spinning reel for your angling trips.
What is a Spinning Reel
Invented in the Song Dynasty of China, the spinning reel is a type of device that is fixed to the fishing rod and used for winding as well as stowing lines. It is considered a great option for beginners and seasoned anglers, including children. These reels are easy to use and can be lightweight. You can even use them with live bait.
When you are looking for the best ultralight spinning reel, it is advisable to understand how each part of the spinning reel works to ensure you make the right choice. The five most important parts of a spinning reel are as follows:
- Drag: It is responsible for adding to or removing tension from the fishing line. This ability is important when you have caught feisty fish and it fights against being reeled in. When the drag is higher, the fish has less control over the line.
- Spool: It refers to the part of the reel that houses the fishing line. The spool capacity is important, especially if you want to fish in deep waters. You will need more line to reach the depths you want. The spool prevents the line from getting tangled so that you can cast it smoothly.
- Bail: It is the casting trigger of the spinning reel. You need to open the bail when you want to cast the line. To retrieve the line, you have to close the bail. The opening and closing of the bail can be done manually if you want to have control over the length of the line that is released. The bail so ensures that the fishing line stays in control and wraps around the spool without getting knotted and tangled.
- Handle: A handle can be right-handed or left-handed to suit your requirements. Typically you can change it by unscrewing the handle and switch it to the left or right. It helps to reel in the line.
- Anti-Reverse Switch: Rather than depending on the drag for tension, you can use this switch to tighten or loosen the fishing line. It is useful when you are fighting a fish. It helps you are trying to catch a big fish.
Now that you know the different components and why they are important, you may want to know about some of the best spinning reels in the market. While there are several brands, we have found that Pflueger is a reliable and trustworthy brand for a spinning reel.